Mrs. Steve warns the neighborhood of a green monster with one giant eye and two mouths that she saw; she is deathly afraid of it and now so is everyone else. Pee-wee doesn't believe it until the monster appears. The monster speaks a silly native language, making everyone difficult to understand. Pee-wee assume the monster is hungry, so he makes the monster a snack (a submarine sandwich) and asks Jambi to help everyone understand what the monster is saying. Jambi grants the wish and the monster now speaks English; they learn that the monster's name is Roger and that he is in fact a friendly monster. Everyone has fun with Roger until his mother calls on the Picturephone and tells him to come home because she was worried about her son; he invites Pee-wee over for dinner afterwards and the man-child gladly accepts.
- Roger: (now speaks English) "Hi, my name is Roger."
- Pee-Wee: "Hello, Roger. I am Pee-Wee. And this is Conky, Chairy, Globey, Pterri, Magic Screen, Mr. Window, and Randy."
- (Everyone says hi and is glad to meet Roger)
- Roger: "Why is everyone afraid of me?"
- Pee-Wee: "Because you're a monster."
- Globey: "And you're different."
- Roger: "I can't help the way I look." (everyone screams when he says "look") "Oh! I've said the secret word!"
- Pee-Wee: "How do you know?"
- Roger: "Everyone in Monsterland loves your show! Some of them used to be afraid of it."
- (Roger's mom calls Pee-wee on the Picturephone. She wants to talk to her son.)
- Pee-wee: Uh, Roger, it's for you. I think it's your mom.
- Roger: Hello? (listens to his mom's native language) Hi, mommy. Yes. I'm sorry. I'm sorry you were worried about me. I should have told you where I was going. (still listening, until he hears something important from his mom, which causes Roger to scream by himself, while a bunch of nonsense symbols flash on screen) Hahaha! She said the secret word! (hangs up) I gotta go home now, Pee-wee, but my family would be honored to have you for dinner?
- Pee-wee: (jokingly) You're gonna eat me for dinner?
- Roger: No, we're not going to eat you for dinner. We're having spaghetti.
- Pee-wee: I'd be happy to be your guest, Roger, that I'll give you a lift home on my scooter.
- Reba, Mrs. Steve, and Tito visit in this episode.
- We learn a good moral lesson from this episode - Never judge a person only on their looks, but by their character and behavior. This is the same moral one would learn from the Power Rangers Time Force episode "Trip Takes a Stand", which features a similar monster character named Notacon.
- Only time that Conky gives the full Secret Word instructions.
- Roger breaks the fourth wall when he says that everyone in Monsterland loves Pee-Wee's Playhouse, referring to it as a TV show.
- This episode marked the last time that the golf windmill is seen. Roger was the last one to play golf.
- This is the first time that Conky reveals his own fears - darkness and monsters.
- This is the first time Reba says the secret word; here, she actually enjoys the game, but in Dr. Pee-wee and the Del Rubios she grows to be irritated by it. However, in Rebarella she enjoys it again.
- Dixie doesn't play the trumpet.
- Wayne White voiced Roger.
- This is the first episode not to feature connect-the-dots.
- Roger scares away the Salesman, who in turn scares Roger.
- This is the only time in the produced episodes of the series where someone else rides on the scooter with Pee-wee taking Roger home, as well as being seen with them during the closing credits. However, Pee-wee invited Chairry to ride on the scooter with him in Why Wasn't I Invited?.
- When Roger's mom says the secret word in her native language, Roger screams solely as some nonsensical symbols appear on the screen.
- On the Volume 1 DVD from Shout Factory, closed captions finally spell out Roger's native language in the form of English subtitles.
- Secret word: look
- Connect-the-dots: None
- Snack: Giant sub sandwich for Roger
- Wish: For Roger to speak English.