Conky is hypnotized by a mysterious but powerful humanoid creature, who makes today's secret word Zyzzybalubah. Pee-wee gets a Picturephone call from the tyrannical ruler of another planet (unbeknownst to him, he is the very being that hypnotized Conky earlier), and the playhouse and everyone in it (including Reba) take a trip through space against their will. When they land on another planet, a member of the planet named Yvona warns them of the ruler, named Zyzzybalubah, or Zyzzy for short, who intends to capture and enslave them. Zyzzy arrives and tells them they will be his friends (his slaves, really, as demonstrated by him ordering them to "entertain him; make him laugh"), but later everyone tells Zyzzy that in order to make friends, he should be a friend—that is, not be so domineering, abusive and forceful, and not to treat everyone like slaves. After realizing that he made a huge mistake, Zyzzy agrees to send the playhouse back to Earth; Yvona stays behind, however. When they get back, everyone shows Zyzzy what friends do together, then Zyzzy goes back home to be with Yvona.
- Miss Yvonne and Reba visit in this episode. Cowboy Curtis is mentioned, but doesn't appear.
- The flowers did not announce The King of Cartoons arrival in this episode. This is because the King calls from his palace on the Picture Phone.
- Thus, the Picture Phone is used to show the cartoon instead of the TV, making it have a secondary function.
- George McGrath played Zyzzybalubah, the evil villain of this episode.
- The irony is that Pee-Wee himself acts tyrannical and abusive when Role Playing with his friends back on Earth. The instances are Love that Story, Heat Wave and Let's Play Office.
- The secret word is said and screamed at a grand total of fourteen times. This is the largest number of times that a Secret Word is used in the series.
- Lynne Marie Stewart, who played Miss Yvonne, also played Yvona in this episode. Her voice was electronically modified in post-production to sound more alienesque.
- Only time where the King of Cartoons calls from his palace.
- This is the only episode where the secret word has a Z.
- The secret words in other episodes don't have the letters J, Q, or X.
- A two-part fan fiction was made that serves as a spiritual sequel to this episode titled Conky's Newest Feat. Zyzzybalubah is revealed to have never truly reformed after all, and has instead tricked Herman, making him feel stupid for ever trusting him. In a planned scene, Herman even stated "I never should have trusted you!", to which Zyzzy responds with "That's the problem with you humans! You're much too trusting!". Herman then replies to this statement with "I can't believe I fell for your trick!" (referring to Zyzzy's sob speech in this episode about everyone hating him). The fan fiction crosses over with the 1996 series Power Rangers Zeo, and makes reference to the events of Front Page Pee Wee. In this fan fiction (and implied in Playhouse itself), Herman is his real first name and "Pee-wee" is really just a nickname that his friends call him due to the fact that his iconic glen plaid suit is sometimes called a pee-wee suit.
- Pee-Wee: Hey, flowers!
- Flowers: Yes, Pee-Wee?
- Pee-Wee: What's the longest secret word we've ever had here in the playhouse?
- Flowers: Zyzzybalubah.
- (Everyone screams as "Zyzzybalubah" flashes on the screen while Herman rolls his eyes.)
- Zyzzybalubah: [contacting Pee-wee via picture phone] Earthling, listen to me. I speak to you from the furthest reaches of outer space.
- Pee-wee Herman: Hmm, good connection. You sound next door.
- Zyzzybalubah: SILENCE!! You are under my power! My transport ray is aimed at your playhouse, and in a moment, you will begin your journey to my planet.
- Pee-wee Herman: Let me get this straight: are you saying we're going into outer space?
- Zyzzybalubah: Duh!
- Pee-wee Herman: [emerging from the picture phone booth] Transport ray, I'm so sure.
- (Suddenly, the playhouse begins to quake violently; it's being lifted right off of its foundation.)
- Pee-wee Herman: Whoa! AHHHHHH!
('Everyone begins panicking. Reba gasps in fear.)
- Reba: PEE-WEE!!
- (Everyone continues to panic as the playhouse is suddenly launched into outer space. Overwrought with emotion, Reba faints.)
- Zyzzybalubah: Alright, my new friends. I'm ready for some more fun. Entertain me! Make me laugh!
- Reba: We don't feel like laughing, Zyzzybalubah.
- (Everyone except for Herman and Yvona scream as "Zyzzybalubah" flashes on the screen. Zyzzy's espression then goes from false concern to anger on his next line.)
- Zyzzybalubah: Well that's not a very friendly attitude. You're no friends of mine!
- Pee-wee Herman: (flatly) That's right, we're not.
- Zyzzybalubah: How dare you! I brought you here to be my new friends!
- Pee-wee Herman: (angrily) Well, you got the wrong idea! Friends are people that you care about and who care about you! You brought us here without even asking us if we wanted to come! And you haven't exactly been treating us the way friends should be treated!
- Zyzzybalubah: (sadly, presumably faking it) You're right. I don't know how to make friends. The reason I didn't ask you come is because I knew you'd say no. Nobody likes me.
- (Herman begins to feel badly for Zyzzy despite his story not being sincere enough. He approaches him, but the force field is blocking him from moving any closer.)
- Pee-wee Herman: I'll tell you what. If you turn off the force field, we'll show you how to make friends.
- Miss Yvonne: Why don't we all go to Puppetland?
- Pee-Wee: May I take your Zyzzybalubah?
(Everyone screams as "Zyzzybalubah" flashes on the screen. Yvonne looks confused.)
- Miss Yvonne: (confused) May you take my what?
- Pee-Wee Herman: Your Zyzzybalubah?
(Everyone screams as "Zyzzybalubah" flashes on the screen while Herman rolls his eyes.)
- Herman: It's a long story Miss Yvonne, and a really long secret word.
- Miss Yvonne: (giggles) Oh, Pee-Wee.
- Pee-Wee Herman: Shall we?
- Miss Yvonne: Yes, we shall.
- Secret word: Zyzzybalubah (Conky is hypnotized into making it the secret word)
- Connect-the-dots: none (due to Magic Screen's fear)
- Snack: none
- Wish: none