Pee-wee doesn't get any mail, so he writes a letter to Captain Carl; when he tries to give it to Reba to deliver, Captain Carl comes over and Pee-wee gives him the letter and Captain Carl gives Pee-wee a telescope. Mrs. Steve confronts Randy for stealing her apples, and warns him not to do it again or she will turn him in to the cops. Randy plans to do it again until he gets a stomachache. Pee-wee becomes a fish for a little while. Pee-wee plays the four arms game with Tito. Pee-wee gives treats to the playhouse members.
- Reba, Captain Carl, Mrs. Steve, and Tito visit in this episode.
- When Mrs. Steve gets Randy to come out from under the bed, she bounces on the bed.
- Conky is the only playhouse denizen that doesn't receive a letter or package from Reba. It's possibly because he could never write at the time, due to being a robot with "metal crab pincers" for hands. However, this is later contradicted in the Christmas special when he types up Herman's Christmas list and in Season 5's Front Page Pee Wee when he writes a business news article for the Playhouse Press.
- The King of Cartoons comes in wearing inline roller skates for some reason. Dixie takes over the projector.
- When Pee-wee says "there must be some mistake", no one is heard screaming even though 'there' is the Secret Word. This will occur several times throughout the entire series.
- When Pee-wee is riding the tractor, he is singing "Pee-wee Herman had a Farm," he sings the same song in "Big Top Pee-wee" two years later while riding on a tractor.
- When Reba says "There, there," the secret word flashing on screen fades transparently and the bell sound melts.
- Pee-wee tells Randy to "Say you're sorry." Some viewers think they hear "you're" as "your", like they think Pee-wee's saying "Say your '(I'm) sorry'".
- Secret Word: there
- Connect-the dots: tractor
- Snack: banana
- Wish: To be a fish for a short time.